Covid-19 Policy – Clinic Re-Opening
Following the announcement by Stephen Marshall and SA Health this week, and with the consequent lifting of the state of emergency on Wednesday the 13th of May. We can confirm that our clinic will be open for appointments from Friday the 15th May at 9 00 am.
In addition as an extended service, we will be open to book appointments on Saturday the 16th of May from 9 00 am-4 00pm. We will be providing all our regular treatments, consultations and surgeries.
We continue to monitor all alerts and information sent to us by the Federal Health Department and SA Health. We continue to follow their recommendations and always go above and beyond what is required, as you would expect from a medical practice.
Medical Cosmetic Centre has strict hand hygiene measures to help prevent infection to staff and patients. Being an accredited facility under the NSQHS Standards we take infection control very seriously. All staff have taken further Covid- 19 training as suggested by the Government.
To reduce the risk of disease transmission, we are seeking your cooperation with additional measures that are listed below.
- Refreshments and magazines will be removed from the reception area, thereby removing surfaces that could be involved with transmission of the virus. Strict cleaning routines have always occurred on all surfaces in the reception area, treatments rooms, bathrooms and doors handles. Regular disinfecting occurs throughout the day, and clean up occurs after every patient, in the treatment rooms.
- Practitioners will continue to follow strict hand hygiene measures washing their hands before and after every patient.
- We will ask you some screening questions when you arrive at the clinic. We will take your temperature. Do not attend the clinic if you have the slightest possible symptoms of a niggly /sore throat, a cough, headache, sudden loss of taste and or smell, or you have a general feeling of being unwell, or if you have been in contact with a Covid-19 positive person or returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
- Please use the alcohol based rub located in reception and throughout the clinic..
- Specifically, please use alcohol rub upon entering the clinic and leaving the clinic.
- Please follow the social distancing signage throughout the clinic, as well as hygiene etiquette such as coughing or sneezing into your elbow or arm or cover your face.
- We prefer transactions by card but will we accept cash.
- Only 1 person per appointment will be permitted in the consulting room, that is, no family, friends or children will permitted to enter the clinic. This is to ensure social distancing requirements. We will take all measures to be on time. If you think you will be late for your appointment please ring ahead to reschedule.
If you suspect you could have the coronavirus (COVID-19) call the dedicated hotline –open 7 days a week 1800 253 787 8:00am-8:00pm.