Your Questions Answered
We’ve answered the questions most frequently asked by our patients, as well as a few questions we believe you should ask of any cosmetic surgery clinic.
If you have a question that’s not covered here, please contact us and we’ll be back in touch as soon as possible.
Q. Why should I trust Medical Cosmetic Centre above other cosmetic surgery clinics?
That’s a great question, which anyone who is seriously interested in cosmetic surgery should ask.
There are four main reasons you should trust us:
- Experience: Dr Kerry and his team have over 25 years’ experience in performing many thousands of surgical and non-surgical skin, hair and body rejuvenation procedures, so you are always in experienced hands.
- Science and technology: All treatments and surgery at Medical Cosmetic Centre are based on scientific research. This means that we can offer you medical grade non-surgical treatments that last longer than beauty therapy treatments, and for each surgical treatment offered, we use proven technology that is considered to be the best in its class.
- Best practice: We deliver your treatments under best practice guidelines based on the latest Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgery and Medical Board guidelines, and under the National Safety & Quality Health Service standards (NSQHS). You can read more about our accreditation and patient safety standards here.
- Personal care: While our treatments are science-based, we never forget that our clients like to be pampered in relaxing surroundings! For your comfort and safety, we have designed a beautiful, fully-accredited day surgery and clinic. As well as medical and technical training, everyone on our team has training in personal care and service delivery. Your health, safety and care are our highest priorities. To help you achieve the results you want, we will work with you to develop your own personal care program: a unique program to achieve your rejuvenation goals.
Q. Is customer service a priority?
Throughout the experience of improving your appearance, you want to know that you are receiving the highest level of customer service: something we plan for you to experience from the moment you first walk through our door.
Your experience begins when you meet our friendly and helpful front of clinic staff and continues through to the informative easy-to-read printed information we provide, your consultation with Dr Kerry, your clear all-inclusive quote, and convenient procedure booking times.
We know that you are busy, so it’s also helpful to know that your care is planned to the last detail, and you are kept up-to-date with appointments and follow-up care along the way with SMS reminders or phone calls.
Q. Can I see some past patient feedback, reviews and patient stories?
During your consultation, Dr Kerry will show you before and after photos of patients who have undergone the procedure you are interested in and will provide you with a fact sheet that includes before and after photos.
You can also read our patient stories and patient reviews online.
Some past patients are happy to talk to you about their experience. Please let us know if you are interested in this and we will organise a phone call.
If you choose to go ahead with a procedure at Medical Cosmetic Centre, you may also like to share your experience online to assist other new patients. Please contact our Clinic Director, Cathryn Kerry, on 08 83670111 to assist you with this.
Q. What is the cost of a consultation?
The fee for a consultation with Dr Kerry ranges from $95 to $250, depending on the length of the appointment. Our staff can guide you on these charges when you make an appointment.
Consultations before anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers are complimentary if you go ahead and book a treatment on the same day.
If you are considering microdermabrasion, laser hair removal or other nonsurgical procedures, you can book a complimentary skin consultation with one of our qualified dermal therapists.
Q. Are any consultations or procedures covered by Medicare?
Medicare rebates may apply for some procedures that are performed for medical reasons rather than for cosmetic reasons. Dr Kerry will be able to provide you with more information at the time of your first consultation.
Q. Do I need a GP referral?
You generally do not need a GP referral to access our services.
However, if you are under 18 years old and are considering cosmetic surgery, we do require a GP referral and a parent or guardian will need to attend your consultation. These requirements are set out in guidelines from the surgical colleges and Medical Board.
A person under 18 years is also required to see a psychologist or psychiatrist for counselling after the initial consultation with Dr Kerry, who will be happy to liaise with your GP about this. If you are accepted to go ahead with the procedure, there is a 3-month cooling off period required.
Q. Is Dr Kerry a good listener?
Dr Kerry is well-known for the level of patient care he offers and his ability to listen to each patient’s needs. This is confirmed by feedback we receive from our patients every day.
If you are considering cosmetic or hair replacement surgery, you will be spending quite a bit of time with Dr Kerry — both before and after surgery. Also, having surgery is a serious decision, and there can be some curves in the journey as you achieve your new appearance. Good communication and understanding of what you wish to achieve and what is achievable is essential for a good outcome — both for you and the surgeon.
It is important that you feel comfortable asking Dr Kerry any question as you go through the consultation process. You should feel that you can trust him to inform you about what will work best for you. For your safety, it is essential that you feel confident telling Dr Kerry your full medical history and lifestyle habits that may affect your surgery and its outcome.
Q. How do I know if I have chosen the right surgeon?
Your choice of cosmetic surgeon will be a choice you will live with for the rest of your life. A successful procedure will help you to feel good about yourself and can give you greater self-confidence.
Unfortunately, ending up in the hands of an inexperienced surgeon increases your chances of having poor results. Apart from dissatisfaction, this can cause additional costs, time, and heartache.
Finding a certified cosmetic surgeon who has plenty of experience in the procedure you are interested in is very important in achieving the results you desire.
Patients need a dependable way to know if their surgeon is properly trained and experienced in cosmetic surgery. The surgeon should be a fellow or member of their professional college. That’s why Dr Kerry is certified by the Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgery (ACCS), which is dedicated to cosmetic surgeons’ education, training, and ongoing certification. Dr Kerry is a also a founding member of the college.
The college’s Patient Information Brochure provides more information and questions to ask your surgeon.
Q. What training does Dr Kerry have in the procedure I am considering?
Dr Kerry completed extensive training in the procedures he offers by participating in surgical rotations in cosmetic surgery with mentors in the USA from 1989 to 1995, at a time when there was no specific cosmetic surgery training in Australia.
The American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery formed in 1991 and the Australasian College of Cosmetic Surgeons (ACCS) formed in 1999. To be included on the procedure registers of ACCS, Dr Kerry was required to submit evidence of rigorous surgical training and a minimum of 100 fully documented procedures in each area of expertise.
For continuous ACCS certification, all cosmetic surgeons need to complete ongoing medical education each year. This involves attending surgical and medical workshops, conferences, peer reviews of surgical skills, and specialised training sessions with external medical professionals.
Q. How long has Dr Kerry been performing cosmetic and hair replacement surgery?
Dr Kerry has been performing cosmetic surgery, hair transplantation surgery and medical cosmetic procedures for over 25 years.
Q. How many times has Dr Kerry performed each type of procedure?
Dr Kerry’s has specialised training in each of the procedures he performs. He focuses on a core number of surgical procedures and has performed each thousands of times. You can trust in his experience.
Q. What if I am not satisfied with my procedure or anti-aging program?
Your satisfaction is very important, and so we have a 5-point patient satisfaction checklist:
- We will ensure that you are treated with the utmost professionalism and courtesy in the same manner that we would expect our own family members to be treated.
- We will ensure that your privacy and confidentiality is protected at all times.
- We will provide you with the most up-to-date information about our services that is written in simple English. This will help you to make an informed decision about whether a treatment option is suitable for you. This information includes the risks and benefits of the procedure, and pre- and post-procedure information.
- We will remain in contact with you to provide you with the best value treatment packages and to let you know about new information and services that may benefit you.
- If you are unhappy with our service delivery, our directors will personally address the problem to correct the situation so you are completely satisfied.
Meet Dr George Kerry – Certified Cosmetic Surgeon
Regarded as one of Australia’s top hair transplant and cosmetic surgeons, Dr Kerry has been successfully working in the field of cosmetic surgery and medicine for over 25 years
Dr Kerry and his team of highly trained medical and paramedical professionals are committed to the wellbeing of patients who want more for themselves. The team offer state-of-the-art cosmetic surgery and non-surgical services delivered with best practice in an environment of safety, privacy and comfort.
We are located at 206 Melbourne St, North Adelaide SA 5006
* These testimonials depict the experience of the individual and are not necessarily an indication of your results. Every individual is different and it is best to contact us to discuss your individual circumstances.
Initial consultation was very thorough and went through all the positives and negatives of all the treatments available.JodieDermabrasion
Extremely professional and very lovely staff. Great results, will go again.ElyseVaricose Veins Treatment
Excellent service. Quick response and fantastic prices.DonnaVaricose Veins Treatment
We help people from suburbs all around Adelaide including:
Beaumont | Bedford Park | Belair | Brighton | Brooklyn Park | Burnside | Collinswood | Crafers | Cumberland Park | Dulwich | Findon | Gilberton | Glen Osmond | Glenelg | Glenelg North | Glenside | Golden Grove | Goodwood | Grange | Hahndorf | Henley Beach | Ingle Farm | Kensington | Kent Town | Klemzig | Linden Park | Lockleys | Magill | Mawson Lakes | Mayland | Medindie | Modbury | Mt Barker | North Adelaide | North Haven | Norwood | Pasadena | Port Adelaide | Prospect | Rosslyn Park | Skye | Springfield | St Peters | Stonyfell | Tea Tree Gully | Thebarton | Toorak Gardens | Torrensville | Tranmere | Walkerville | Warradale | West Beach | West Lakes | Windsor Gardens | Woodville and more.